[Dovecot] prevent dovecot from modifying maildirs

Felix Rubio Dalmau felixrubiodalmau at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 20:43:41 EEST 2013

Actually the problem is that the snapshot is instantaneous, so if some commands are being run at the time of the snapshot I could get a snapshot of a non-consistent FS, right?

Then, the single solution goes through just shuting down dovecot (and other services, like apache) the seconds required to perform the snapshot, whilst holding the postfix queues to ensure not loosing any mail.

Does anybody have a better approach?

Regards!
Felix