[Dovecot] prevent dovecot from modifying maildirs

Felix Rubio Dalmau felixrubiodalmau at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 22:12:01 EEST 2013

Michael, Charles,

	thank you for your comments. I had already seen the wikipedia entries about ZFS, but when I have performed my tests, consisting in: generate a program that writes a 100 MB file to disk and perform the snapshot during the file is being written. Obviously the snapshot shows a view of the file with the information and size it had at the time of the snapshot... so I get a portion of it.

	In order to save space I prefer no to have such half-files (mails) , and it is for this reason that I am asking if there is any way to prevent this.

	I'm not an expert in field of file systems, so I can be asking very naive questions... but I appreciate your comments on this topic.

	Thank you

	Felix