[Dovecot] Maildirmake equiv?

LuKreme kremels at kreme.com
Fri Aug 16 21:16:35 EEST 2013

On 16 Aug 2013, at 05:04 , Duane Hill <duihi77 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Friday, August 16, 2013 at 6:39:23 AM UTC, lists at sterenborg.info confabulated:
>
>> On 08/16/2013 06:53 AM, LuKreme wrote:
>>> Since I am using dovecot I do not have courier installed, but Courier had a very handy
>>> tool for making maildir folders called `maildirmake` which I used in some automated
>>> backup scripts. How do I duplicate maildirmake in dovecot?
>
>> Dovecot can autocreate mailboxes. Is that something you can use?
>
>> http://wiki2.dovecot.org/MailboxSettings

I don't think so.

> Keeping  in  mind, the mailboxes are created on disk upon first access
> (i.e.  message  is transferred to the mailbox via sieve or the mailbox
> is accessed via IMAP).

And that's why. I might be able to use sieve sometime in the future once I figure out what it can do, but right now I have a script that works and simply want to modify it for dovecot.

--
Of course, there were various groups seeking his overthrow, and this was
right and proper and the sign of a vigorous and healthy society. No-one