[Dovecot] dovecot is working, sort of

LuKreme kremels at kreme.com
Sat Aug 17 02:14:49 EEST 2013

On 16 Aug 2013, at 00:51 , Steffen Kaiser <skdovecot at smail.inf.fh-brs.de> wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Aug 2013, LuKreme wrote:
>
>> Him. I did put
>
>> userdb {
>> driver = static
>> args = uid=vpopmail gid=postfix
>> }
>>
>> into dovecot.conf, but that's made no difference
>
> er, what do you want to do? first you write:
>
>> userdb {
>> driver = passwd
>> }
>> userdb {
>> args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf.ext
>> driver = sql
>> }
>
> Now you add yet another userdb. If you want to get the user from SQL, the static userdb is never reached, see http://wiki2.dovecot.org/UserDatabase

I have two kinds of accounts on the machine, local (shell) accounts in /home/ and virtual (MySQL) accounts in /usr/local/virtual. I tried to add the hid/gid args in the sql block, but the syntax was incorrect.

> There is default_fields, that should do it, e.g.
> userdb {
>  args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf.ext
>  driver = sql
>  default_fields = uid=vpopmail gid=postfix
> }

I did not see anything about default_fields, so that is news to me. It seems better, structurally, to do this wo when I next gt int there to fix stuff, I will probably do that instead of...

> Or extent your SQL user_query to return static values for uid / gid.

That is what I did, though I still have a problem with it all (see "Disagreement on where mail goes." thread).

--
'What ho, b'zugda-hiara.' (Footnote: A killing insult in Dwarfish. It
means 'Lawn ornament'.)  --Wyrd Sisters