[Dovecot] Rfc: Limit the size of an email IN the mailbox

Ralf Hildebrandt Ralf.Hildebrandt at charite.de
Tue Aug 20 11:32:49 EEST 2013

Currently we're in the process of migrating Dovecot mailboxes to
Exchange.

This is all working very well, except for the occasional user, who used
his/her Drafts folder as a file storage: They started writing an email
containing lots of image attachments (and thus exceeding our
maximum_message_size by far). So the mail never gets sent, but stays in
the Drafts folder.

Once I try moving that mail to exchange, it won't accept the message
since it's too big. I think it would be interesting to have a limit on
the total size of an IMAP object, just like in SMTP.

Thought?

--
Ralf Hildebrandt
  Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin