[Dovecot] Migrating from Maildir to Maildir:LAYOUT=fs

Rainer M Krug Rainer at krugs.de
Sat Aug 24 13:42:20 EEST 2013

Hi
I have use dovecot together with offlineimap to download my gmail
account on a single user computer and I have only one maildir
(~/Maildir).

As I switched to Mac, I would like to use spotlight to index my mails,
which apparently does not work as they are in hidden directories
(.directories). So I would like to change to LAYOUT=fs. Is there an easy
way to migrate my email structure? I have several folders and
subfolders, but a manual solution would be fine with me as well.

My questions:

1) can I simply restructure the mailboxes and rename the folders / move
them into the folders where I want them after changing the configuration
of dovecot?

2) Is there an easy tool I can use for this for one mailbox which is
doing it automatically?

Thanks,

Rainer

--