[Dovecot] Dovecot LDA

LuKreme kremels at kreme.com
Sat Aug 24 20:53:32 EEST 2013

On 23 Aug 2013, at 18:19 , Pascal Volk <user+dovecot at localhost.localdomain.org> wrote:

> On 08/24/2013 02:12 AM LuKreme wrote:
>> OK, I did read <http://wiki2.dovecot.org/LDA> but it doesn't answer the question I have since it doesn't tell me  what I can do with -o, exactly.
>
> -o is used to override settings, as documented in
> dovecot-lda(1)/http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Tools/DovecotLDA
>
>> What I would like to do is be able to call dovecot-lda and pass along '\\Seen', is that possible?
>
> That requires Sieve, see
> http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Pigeonhole/Sieve/Examples#line-59 for an example.

So would I be able to call dovecot-lda with the name of the sieve file I want (one which just applies \\Seen to the message in question). Could I also pass the name of the maildir I wanted the message in?

Basically, I do all my sorting in procmail, but the method for marking messages in procmail as seen is... well, it's a kludge.

It it is possible for me to do something like

|dovecot-lda -o mail_location="/path/to/my/Maildir/.listname" -o sieve="/path/to/markread.sieve"

that would be great.

This page <http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA/Sieve/Dovecot> does not have a s.x equivalent, so I am guessing nothing has changed.

That says that I have to use dovecot-lda as my LDA in order to invoke sieve, could I just add mail_plugins=sieve to that dovecot-lda line above?

--
I WILL NOT BARF UNLESS I'M SICK Bart chalkboard Ep. 8F15