[Dovecot] Sieve vacation reply problem (Dovecot+Sieve/Sendmail/Horde)

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Thu Aug 29 21:02:17 EEST 2013

On 8/21/2013 7:51 PM, megodin at inboxalias.com wrote:
> [mail.err] dovecot: lda(exampleuser): Error: sieve: original envelope recipient address 'exampleuser at dovecot_localhost' is unparsable

This is the core of your problem. The '_' is not an allowed character
according to the SMTP `Domain' syntax
(https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5321#section-4.1.2). The current
implementation of Pigeonhole follows that quite strictly for parsing
envelope addresses.

I think I'll make this a bit more lenient in the future, since you're
not the first to complain about things like this (e.g. space characters
in unquoted local part).

Regards,

Stephan.