[Dovecot] kqueue bug?

Axel Luttgens AxelLuttgens at swing.be
Sat Aug 31 01:09:43 EEST 2013

Le 30 août 2013 à 16:14, Timo Sirainen a écrit :

> Apparently Dovecot with kqueue ioloop enabled causes random crashes in FreeBSD 9.1. Anyone else noticed something like that? I'm wondering if Dovecot's kqueue code has a bug somewhere (I can't find it) or could it be that FreeBSD itself has a bug? Anyway it seems to be returning events for filters that have already been removed.

Hello Timo,

For what it is worth, seemingly no such problems with Mac OX 10.6 up to 10.8, which also tend to share some code with FreeBSD (not sure about the exact version matches); in the case of my current trial setup:

Build options: ioloop=kqueue notify=kqueue ipv6 openssl io_block_size=8192
Mail storages: shared mdbox sdbox maildir mbox cydir imapc pop3c raw fail
SQL drivers: sqlite
Passdb: checkpassword pam passwd passwd-file sql
Userdb: checkpassword passwd prefetch passwd-file sql

Seconding Michael's question, are there some specific trials we could conduct?

Axel