[Dovecot] Full text search improvements

Gedalya gedalya at gedalya.net
Mon Dec 2 21:54:43 EET 2013

On 12/02/2013 02:41 PM, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> Currently I’m thinking that most of the reasons for client_limit>1 can be avoided just by moving IMAP IDLE connections to a separate imap-idle process where they wait until they have more work to do. Do you think that would work for you also?
I was exactly thinking about the same thing.. I wanted to request this
feature but I guess I was too shy to write about it :D
I think a special IDLE process would be a wonderful idea. I find that
otherwise client_limit>1 doesn't really work. It gets especially
annoying when a client with a large mailbox makes a process grow and it
doesn't shrink back, is there some insight about that? And, after
service_count is maxed out, you end up having lots of processes waiting
for the last 1 or 2 IDLEing clients to quit, so your total number of
processes is really much larger than total connections / client_limit.