[Dovecot] BUG: Authentication client sent unknown handshake command

Emmanuel Dreyfus manu at netbsd.org
Tue Dec 3 19:50:03 EET 2013

Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu at netbsd.org> wrote:

> Nov 29 16:56:01 volanges dovecot: auth: Error: BUG: Authentication client
> sent unknown handshake command:
> REQUEST?6970356762?616?6?235264ef69dbd1665538af54...

I have real trouble to debug that one. I had a look at
wiki2.dovecot.org/Design/AuthProtocol, and if I understand correctly,
the auth server receives data from the master where it awaits data from
the auth client.

That suggests some confusion with file descriptors somewhere. Where are
the pipe() invocation to create these two pipe sets?

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz
manu at netbsd.org