[Dovecot] Complete migration from Cyrus on remote server

lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de
Wed Dec 4 12:35:33 EET 2013

Zitat von Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi>:

> On 3.12.2013, at 23.55, Oscar del Rio <delrio at mie.utoronto.ca> wrote:

>>> dsync is intended for these kinds of migrations. I’m not sure
>>> where you read that mailbox shouldn’t be accessed during it?
>>>

>> http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Migration/Dsync
>> "The source IMAP/POP3 mailboxes shouldn't be modified while dsync
>> is running.”
>
> I’m not sure why I wrote that. Maybe it didn’t work as well in
> earlier versions. I removed the text now from the page.

We have done it by simply copy the Cyrus Mailbox, use the
"cyrus2dovecot" script listed here
http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Migration/Cyrus and afterwards apply dsync to
convert if maildir is not the intended target format for Dovecot. The
2.0.19 Dovecot version is the one included in Ubuntu 12.04 LTS BTW.

Regards

Andreas