[Dovecot] zlib config questions

Richard Platel rplatel at tucows.com
Fri Dec 6 17:55:18 EET 2013

You only need to add the zlib plugin to mail_plugins once.

As far as I know, there's no indication in the logs that mail is being compressed, and the filename isn't modified to indicate that it's compressed, but, of course, the files are zlib data on disk.

One gotcha if you're using maildir is, if you're planning to compress old mail, make sure that the S= and W= sizes in the filenames are correct, otherwise dovecot errors and closes the client session, and it can't repair the filename on it's own.