[Dovecot] Replication via sneakernet

Nikolaus Rath Nikolaus at rath.org
Sat Dec 7 05:28:11 EET 2013

David Bishop <dovecot at dpe.lusars.net> writes:
> Is there a way to get a running transaction log from a Dovecot instance to
> synchronize (and I use that word very, very loosely) multiple instances
> that don't share a network?

I think what you want is not synchronize the state of one mail server
across multiple computers, but have mail transport from one system to
another via sneakernet. In other words, you want UUCP. It might be
ancient, but it should do exactly what you want.

In short, you'd configure your MTA to deliver mails to your sneakernet
via pipe to uucico (not sure if I got the command 100% right), and
configure your individual boxes to push and pull mail using uusomething
whenever your moving Raspberry comes in range.

Hope that helps,
Nikolaus

--
Encrypted emails preferred.