[Dovecot] Locking down master user to certain domains through passwd-file auth

Andrew Obertas andrew at infinet.net
Thu Dec 12 23:41:17 EET 2013

Yeah, I had screwed up and completely missed the segment at the bottom
of the variables section that showed how to use them. Felt pretty bad
after spending a few days trying to get SQL working, noticing how a long
variable name was referenced in one of the auth lines, and then going
back to find out that I could have saved myself a lot of trouble by
reading more thoroughly.

I do have a new issue that I'm trying to fix, though it's probably best
for me to update Dovecot and see if it persists. For whatever reason,
I'm starting to see the Dovecot auth worker reporting passwd auth
attempts without an IP and the log lines don't match up with how a
normal failed login attempt should look. I'll do that in a separate
thread though.

Best regards,

Andrew Obertas
Technical Support Representative