[Dovecot] Errors in log file

Christian Rößner cr at sys4.de
Fri Dec 20 13:22:37 EET 2013

Hi,

>> Dec 16 17:21:55 imap(roessner@****): Error: stat(/srv/mail/virtual/*****/roessner/.dovecot.sieve/tmp) failed: Not a directory
>
> This is why it's not a good idea to use home as the Maildir root directory. You can work around this by setting maildir_stat_dirs=yes (minor performance hit). A bigger problem comes if a user creates a "dovecot/sieve" folder.

I fully agree. The mailboxes are historical from an old Courier-IMAP server. Maybe more than 5 years ago. I switched to Dovecot in the past.

Probably I will write a little script and rearrange the directory structure.

The workaround is okay for now. Thanks a lot

Enjoy the holidays

-Christian Rößner

--
[*] sys4 AG