[Dovecot] Thunderbird message cache out of sync after repetitive rsyncs...

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue Dec 24 19:30:37 EET 2013

Am 24.12.2013 18:16, schrieb Charles Marcus:
> On 2013-12-24 12:04 PM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:
>> Am 24.12.2013 18:02, schrieb Charles Marcus:
>>> Apparently something causes Thunderbirds local message cache to get out of sync with dovecot after a sync
>
>> that is not dovecot specific and a thunderbird problem
>> right click on the folder -> properties -> repair
>>
>> it happens from time to time that after that messages re-appear
>> and this happens on any mailserver, not only dovecot
>
> Thanks, that won't be quite so bad - except for people who have dozens (some almost a hundred) folders...
> I think it might be better to just delete the local cached copies of everything.

* stop thunderbird
* delete any .msf file you find
* you are done

i am doing this once a year as well as for the "global-messages-db.sqlite"
after i archive my current message structure below "2013" at the end
of the year and let rebuild the whole caches

> Do you know if there is an open bug for Thunderbird for this?

i doubt there is a way to debug this predictable

it happens AFAIK when different clients are changing the mailbox state
at the same time and i doubt this only affects thunderbird, but only
for thundebrir dteh global fix is possible that easy