[Dovecot] how to separate virtual delivery and authentication?

Mihai Badici mihai at badici.ro
Mon Dec 30 00:03:01 EET 2013

I have a "pure ldap" setting with postfix and dovecot.
When using  dovecot delivery, the recipient is checked via ldap.
The same ldap query is used when authenticate.
So, if I want to authenticate with the uid , I can't use a filter like uid=%u
because the delivery will fail. I don't want to use %nor something else
because I could use multiple e-mail addresses on a single account.

I actually use a filter like ( mail=%u)|(uid=%u) but I think for more complex
situations  should  be better to have two separate filters, one for
authentication and the other for the delivery. What is your oppinion?

--
Mihai Bădici
http://mihai.badici.ro