[Dovecot] move mail from server with v1.0 to server w. v2.1?

Daniel Parthey daniel.parthey at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Sat Feb 2 04:32:20 EET 2013

Hi Frank,

Frank Lienhard wrote:
> Reindl Harald wrote:
> >Am 01.02.2013 17:22, schrieb Frank Lienhard:
> >>I'm about to replace my old server. Both servers are on my internal network.
> >>The old one ist running debian lenny(32bit) with dovecot 1.0.15 and the new one debian Wheezy with dovecot 2.1.7.
> >
> > imapsync is version agnostic and if you have a database
> > with the user-logins it should be easy to generate a shellscript
> >
> sadly, this is not availble from the debian repos.

imapsync is written in perl and available on github:
https://github.com/imapsync/imapsync

This is IMHO the best tool where dsync cannot be applied (as in your case).
The only drawback of imapsync is that it cannot preserve UIDs since it uploads
the messages via IMAP and the server will assign new message UIDs.

Regards
Daniel
--
https://plus.google.com/103021802792276734820