[Dovecot] Upgrade from 2.1.13 to 2.1.14 and load doubled

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Mon Feb 4 18:24:26 EET 2013

On Mon, 4 Feb 2013 18:05:01 +0200
Timo Sirainen articulated:

> On 4.2.2013, at 18.01, Jerry <jerry at seibercom.net> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 4 Feb 2013 17:44:07 +0200
> > Timo Sirainen articulated:
> >
> > [snip
> >
> >> Removing it removes those errors from logs, but other than that it
> >> shouldn't make any difference. Instead of removing you could also
> >> apply these patches that should remove them more correctly:
> >>
> >> http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.1/rev/93633121bc9d
> >> http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.1/rev/b15a98fd8e15
> >
> > Looks like you are going to have to release version 2.1.15 in the
> > very near future.
>
> Yeah. :(
>
> Would be nice if people tested those new patches, so I don't have to
> put out 2.1.16 soon also.

I think that most people, myself included, are hesitant about applying
patches to systems that are all ready up and running satisfactory. As
you will no doubt concur, there is nothing worse that updating or
applying a patch to a critical application and then discovering it is
now broken.

Perhaps, and this is just my 2¢ on the matter, you could form a small
group of BETA testers. I have no idea if that would work out for you or
not. In any event, Dovecot rarely has a serious BUG problem. Just
those pesky "nits & gnats" that have to be tended to occasionally.

--
Jerry ♔