[Dovecot] Out of memory after upgrading to dovecot 2.0.21

Arnaud Abélard arnaud.abelard at univ-nantes.fr
Tue Feb 5 19:33:16 EET 2013

Hello,

I've upgraded our servers and now dovecot seems to be running out of
memory when accessing my own mailbox (and only mine, which is in a way
pretty fortunate):

dovecot: imap(abelard-a): Error: mmap() failed with file
/vmail/a/b/abelard-a/dovecot.index.cache: Cannot allocate memory

imap(abelard-a): Fatal: pool_system_realloc(131072): Out of memory

/vmail/a/b/abelard-a/dovecot.index.cache is 224MB big and my mailbox is
72% full of 8GB.

any idea of what is happening?

Thanks in advance,

Arnaud