[Dovecot] Per user special-use folder names

Patrick Ben Koetter p at sys4.de
Tue Feb 5 22:28:24 EET 2013

* Radek Novotný <radikn at seznam.cz>:
> Hi all,
>
> let me ask a question, please. Is it possible in dovecot to set up
> per user special-use folder names?
>
> Imagine situation with two users where first prefere another
> language that second.

You don't need per-user folder SPECIAL-USE names, because the client must take
care of the correct mapping.

If the client runs in an German environment it might mount the "special_use =
\Sent" mailbox as "Gesendete Objekte" and if it is Czechian it might call it
"Odeslaná pošta".

That's part of what makes SPECIAL-USE so sexy. It is language independent.
All it does is say "This mailbox is reserved for that particular usage." How
you call it, is up to you (client).

p at rick

--
[*] sys4 AG