[Dovecot] saving to imap folders and namespace settings

Gustavo Sansone gsansone at eumus.edu.uy
Wed Feb 6 15:19:56 EET 2013

El 2013-02-05 12:10, Gustavo Sansone escribió:
> El 2013-02-05 0:09, Timo Sirainen escribió:
>> On Tue, 2013-01-29 at 16:29 -0200, Gustavo Sansone wrote:
>>> hello everyone, i'm new to this list
>>> im running dovecot as imap+pop (2.1.12) and roundcube (0.8.4) as
>>> client.
>>>
>>> having problems on saving to imap folders, with errors on some
>>> accounts
>>>
>>> my folder structure is as follow:
>>>
>>> /home/user/.maildir
>>> /home/user/.maildir/.Drafts
>>> /home/user/.maildir/.Junk
>>> /home/user/.maildir/.Sent
>>> /home/user/.maildir/.Trash
>>> /home/user/.maildir/.Archives
>>> /home/user/.maildir/.Archives.2010
>>>
>>> i'm very confused with the namespace settings. i don't understand
>>> what
>>> is the correct way to configure it.
>>> don't need public or shared folders.
>>
>> Easiest to use the default namespace settings. There you wouldn't
>> have
>> any namespace prefix.
>
> if i just remove the namespace 'INBOX.' , on 10-mail.conf then there
> is something that creates new Send and Draft folders into my maildir
> folder like this INBOX.Send and INBOX.Drafts. and Roundcube shows me
> these new folders under INBOX (screenshot attached).
> can't figure out why it happens.

sorry, forgot to mention that when INBOX.Send and INBOX.Drafts are
created, Roundcube subscribe to these folders as special folders. the
screenshot was taken after i added INBOX. prefix again to 10-mail.conf

another important thing (i guess), is when installed dovecot, i
migrated from Courier following the wiki2 documentation.