[Dovecot] Sieve also filter outgoing messages

Marcio Merlone marcio.merlone at a1.ind.br
Wed Feb 6 17:57:41 EET 2013

Em 06-02-2013 13:19, Robert Schetterer escreveu:
> Am 06.02.2013 14:53, schrieb Reindl Harald:
>> Am 06.02.2013 14:36, schrieb Marcio Merlone:
>>> A probably simple question and answer: can a sieve script be executed on outgoing messages? I already use deliver
>>> on postfix, perhaps the sieve script could be executed when saving to the Sent folder?
>> there are complete different things happening
>> for incoming messages and save sent messages
>>
>> you do NOT want get sieve in action if you drag&drop
>> messages between folders and do this for sent messages
>> would trigger the same since the client acts the same way
> Sorry Harald, i dont agree, this would be a nice feature to have
> in fact we internally disussed this allready, it might be used for
> workaround imap bugs of new outlook, and for auto flagging and auto
> sorting mails, anyway at recent i see no way to get it real on the tec
> side , but that might change in the future with i.e  relation to rfc4550
My specific need in this case is that we must forward copy all mails
with a specific subject and/or destination to a mail account for
auditing and registry purposes. It already works for messages which has
at least on inside destination (multiple exact same copies when multiple
inside destination, but what the heck...), but if a message is sent with
only outside destinations I get no copy. It should work similar to
postfix always_bcc, but only when a criteria matches.

Regards.

--
Marcio Merlone