[Dovecot] Per user special-use folder names

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Feb 6 19:34:16 EET 2013

On 5.2.2013, at 21.52, Radek Novotný <radikn at seznam.cz> wrote:

> let me ask a question, please. Is it possible in dovecot to set up per user special-use folder names?
>
> Imagine situation with two users where first prefere another language that second.
>
> mailbox Sent {
>    special_use = \Sent
> }
>
> for english speaking users and
>
> mailbox "Odeslaná pošta" {
>    special_use = \Sent
> }
>
> for czech speaking users.

Like Patrick mentioned this isn't how it should be used.. But it would be possible anyway by returning the proper settings from userdb lookup. Easier probably set both of these in the namespace, then only configure which one will be autocreated (only if both mailboxes are created the client sees two \Sent flags). The autocreation can be made per-user by returning namespace/inbox/Sent/auto=create or namespace/inbox/Odeslaná pošta/auto=create field from userdb.