[Dovecot] dsync: Invalid server handshake

Pascal Volk user+dovecot at localhost.localdomain.org
Fri Feb 8 01:26:19 EET 2013

On 02/05/2013 07:36 PM Dusan Zivadinovic wrote:
>> and I get this error:
>
> dsync-local(dz): Error: Invalid server handshake: dsync-server	 2
> dsync-remote(dz): Error: Invalid client handshake: dsync-client 1
>
> # lokal machine: dovecot 2.0.19apple1 running on Mac OS X 10.8.2 Server
> using standard Apple-Dovecot-Configuration
>
> # remote machine: 2.1.12 running on Mac OS X 10.4 using PAM authentication
>

> I cant seem to find any documentation to this error, nor do I find any dsync entries
> in the logs of both machines. Does anyone have a hint?

You are using different minor-versions of Dovecot; v2.0 v/s v2.1.
Dovecot v2.0 uses dsync 'version 1', and v2.1 uses dsync 'version 2'.

If there aren't to much big mailboxes, I would stop imap/pop3 on the old
server, move the mailboxes to the new server and start iamp/pop3 on the
new server.
Or you have to update Dovecot to version 2.1 on the older server. Then
you should be able to dsync between both servers.

Regards,
Pascal
The trapper recommends today: c01dcafe.1303900 at localdomain.org