[Dovecot] Imap process crash: assertion failed: (full_fs_access)

Joseph Tam jtam.home at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 09:59:43 EET 2013

Any guess at what would cause this?

 	Feb  7 21:20:53 server dovecot: imap(user): Panic: file
 	mailbox-list-fs-iter.c: line 447 (fs_list_get_roots): assertion
 	failed: (full_fs_access)

 	(Sorry, no core dump)

According to my logs, this user couldn't start an IMAP session for a 2
hour stretch for hundreds of connections.  Then the problem seemed to
have went away.

I logged back as that user using a master password, but couldn't recreate
this problem.  The backtrace is just hex numbers (stripped executables)
and I didn't drop privileges, so it refused to drop core, so that's
no help.

Joseph Tam <jtam.home at gmail.com>