[Dovecot] GSS-SPNEGO with dovecot and Outlook without Samba

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Sun Feb 10 15:49:11 EET 2013

On Sun, 10 Feb 2013 11:36:49 +0100
Julian David Rath articulated:

> I am trying to configure a dovecot2 IMAP server to inter-operate with
> a active directory to authenticate users. The users should be able to
> login without a password on a domain-joined client(Outlook). Is it
> possible to do this only with kerberos? I don't want to put a crappy
> winbind on my mailserver... I already configured my server to
> authenticate via kerberos(GSSAPI), but Outlook does not even try to
> authenticate using GSSAPI, it rather uses PLAIN.
>
> I would appreciate any help, many thanks in advance.

There is no need to re-post your question. If no one answered it the
first time, they probably won't the second time either.

To make your question more "answerable" you might try posting the
following:

The Output of "dovecot -n"

The version of the domains that you are trying to authenticate with.

Your OS and version and any other pertinent network specific data.

The version of Outlook that you are experiencing problems with and its
patch level if available.

--
Jerry ♔