[Dovecot] Authentication with many Windows AD

Antonio Alberola aalberola at gtt.es
Thu Feb 14 12:45:06 EET 2013

Hi,

> You can set as many databases as you want. Check this:
>
> http://wiki2.dovecot.org/PasswordDatabase
> http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Authentication/MultipleDatabases

This solution is valid if I have only one domain. In case you have more than
one domain, you need authenticate in the appropriate LDAP server.
Is That correct?

I'm going to explain my particular case.
I have five Windows domains with some users who belong to those domains. I
also have other users who are authenticated with local UNIX accounts.
The only thing that I can do (I think) is using a Radius server. But, I'd
rather not use it.