[Dovecot] Requested xxxx scheme, but we have a NULL password after upgrade

PhilQ philq at qsystemsengineering.com
Fri Feb 15 00:57:29 EET 2013

This is definitely a PAM-related problem.  I can get authentication to work
with passdb shadow and userdb passwd.

Looking around, I saw something about a config option and a certain library
needing to be present at compile-time to support PAM authentication but I
thought I read something about an error-message related to that being shown
in the log.  Perhaps that error message is shown at compile-time.

If anyone is able to confirm my suspicions, please let me know.

Cheers,

- Phil