[Dovecot] Defer emails until the user is ready to deal with them (snooze button / bring-forward file / bring-up file for emails)

Robert Schetterer rs at sys4.de
Sat Feb 16 14:19:45 EET 2013

Am 16.02.2013 12:44, schrieb Chris Laif:
> Hi, I would like to add a feature to my email-client (Thunderbird)
> which stops emails from showing up until a specific time (e.g. having
> buttons for: show again this evening, tomorrow, next week, next month
> ...).

yeah ,there are lot of nice new ideas with mail these days

> As far as I've learned this is not possible with IMAP:
> - storing the 'do-not-show-until-time' within a custom header-field
> requires down- and uploading of the whole email and therefore causes
> problems especially with large emails
> - IMAP keywords are limited are limited in quantity and can not be
> compared with datetime functions
>
> Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

however some server coders will may include new features,
that does not solve the client problem,
the only existing free major cross os imap client recent is thunderbird,
but i dont see mozilla willing to push more development in it.
After all ,there is lot of "old" bleeding edge stuff for left implement
in Thunderbird, before including new ideas.

> Chris

Best Regards
MfG Robert Schetterer

--