[Dovecot] dsync replication errors

Michael Grimm trashcan at odo.in-berlin.de
Sun Feb 17 00:12:25 EET 2013

On 16.02.2013, at 20:09, Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:
> On 16.2.2013, at 20.26, Michael Grimm <trashcan at odo.in-berlin.de> wrote:

>> Sorry to say, but I am still able to break replicator with v2.2.beta1
>> (35194cf0693e) under the conditions outlined below.
>
> I wonder if locking is working correctly in your setup. Your users have home directories, right?

Yes, I do have homedirs, ...

> Dovecot should be creating .dovecot-sync.lock files in there during the sync.

... and I double-checked that a .dovecot-sync.lock lockfile is being created during replication, and yes, it is.

>> I might add that both servers run inside FreeBSD jails (if that might make
>> the difference to your test setup.
>
> Inside jail Dovecot sees two different hostnames (same as "hostname" command)?

Hmm. Both jails run at distinct servers. ssh replication uses different domains, though. But, both jails are named identically "test", and both jails resolve to identical hostnames "test" if using "hostname". But, a "hostname -f" is lacking to return "test.mx1.invalid" and "test.mx2.invalid", respectively (although a "nslookup test" does). Hmm, do you think I should need to provide different hostnames in both jails?

>> Good: I cannot find any "Error:" entries in both logfiles any longer.
>
> What about Warning?

I do see only those few messages at both servers:

| dovecot: doveadm(test): Warning: fscking index file /.../test/storage/dovecot.map.index
| dovecot: doveadm(test): Warning: fscking index file /.../test/storage/dovecot.map.index
| dovecot: doveadm(test): Warning: mdbox /.../test/storage: rebuilding indexes

Please let me know what you want me to test next.

I really to appreciate your efforts and with kind regards,
Michael