[Dovecot] Virtual Users Dovecot and Postfix

Ben Morrow ben at morrow.me.uk
Sun Feb 17 01:49:03 EET 2013

At 12AM +0100 on 17/02/13 you (Silvio Siefke) wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Feb 2013 03:49:37 +0000 Ben Morrow <ben at morrow.me.uk> wrote:
>
> > The setup given in that howto will accept mail for any user at one of
> > the domains listed in virtual_mailbox_domains, and mail for
> > nonexistent users will then be bounced by Dovecot. This is a very bad
> > idea, since you'll end up becoming a backscatter source; you should
> > set up a separate Postfix table listing the valid users at those
> > domains, and put that table in virtual_mailbox_maps. (You don't want
> > to use /etc/postfix/virtual for this, you want a separate table.)
>
> my main.cf > http://nopaste.info/23ee74a772.html

Excerpts:

| virtual_mailbox_domains = silvio-siefke.de, silviosiefke.com
| virtual_mailbox_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/maps/mailbox
| virtual_transport = lmtp:unix:private/dovecot-lmtp
|
| smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
|     reject_unverified_recipient,

> When i understand correct the passwd file from Dovecot is enough when
> i delivered over dovecot lmtp?

Since you have 'reject_unverified_recipient', Postfix will check with
the LMTP server whether or not the recipient exists.

> Or must i set the mailboxes in the /etc/postfix/virtual too?

Did you read the text you quoted above? I specifically said you do *not*
want to use /etc/postfix/virtual for this.

What do you have in hash:/etc/postfix/maps/mailbox? If this is a
complete list of all addresses at your virtual_mailbox_domains, you can
remove reject_unverified_recipient; otherwise, you want to remove
virtual_mailbox_maps.

> Sorry for question, its long time i work with postfix and dovecot
> and in last years dovecot change much in config.

This is not really a Dovecot problem.

Ben