[Dovecot] Dovecot-2.1.14 - pop3 processes always hangs forever - another follow-up

Axel Luttgens AxelLuttgens at swing.be
Sun Feb 17 13:24:19 EET 2013

Le 17 févr. 2013 à 05:47, Timo Sirainen a écrit :

> [...]
> The gethostbyname() call is used to figure out the current system's domain. Why it would be hanging there, I don't really know. That call anyway isn't fully required, you could just replace it with "hent = NULL;"

Yes, looks like those gethostbyname() require some investigations here...
I'll have a look and provide my "findings" here.

In the meantime, I don't really like the idea of messing with a general purpose function, my_hostdomain(), just to avoid a local problem...
Wouldn't you have a better idea? ;-)

And, BTW, imap processes may hang as well, for the same underlying causes.
It is just a matter of selecting INBOX (up to now, I just performed a login/logout sequence).

TIA,
Axel