[Dovecot] Dovecot 2 + Quota - CentOS 6.3

Daniel Parthey daniel.parthey at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Wed Feb 20 03:29:51 EET 2013

drum.lucas at gmail.com wrote:
> I've a postfix+postfixadmin+mysql server+roundcubemail centos 6 mail server.
> In postfixadmin it's possible that he show me how the mailbox is full?

According to http://postfixadmin.sourceforge.net from
postfixadmin version 2.3 upwards.

> Show this information is dovecot service?

Quota values are provided to the client via IMAP protocol,
if you're using quota dict, they can also be found in the database.

http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Quota/Dict

It is up to the client software to retrieve and display the quota information.

> What is the purpose of quota in dovecot?

Prevent users from using more space than they are allowed to.

Regards
Daniel
--
https://plus.google.com/103021802792276734820