[Dovecot] Public folders and dsync replication Dovecot v2.1.7

Steve Brown steve.brown at connectionservices.com
Thu Feb 21 20:19:02 EET 2013

Dear all

I have a few public folders setup and working fine, and one such public
folder is 'Public/General'. I'm trying to sort dsync replication out to
another server and notice that the system log is full of error messages
similar to:

dovecot: doveadm: Error: dsync-remote(username: Error: Can't update
subscription Pu
blic/General: Invalid mailbox name

The replication setup is basically as per the v2 wiki.

It seems that when a mail client subscribes to a public folder, the
folder name is put into '~/Maildir/subscriptions' and this seems to be
the cause of the error during replication. The mails are not
synchronised to the other server.

Public namespace is:

namespace {
   type = public
   separator = /
   prefix = Public/
   location = maildir:/home/shared/public
   subscriptions = no
   list = yes
}

Hopefully somebody can send the clue bus over?

Steve

--
Steve Brown
Operations Manager             Connection Services Ltd