[Dovecot] SSL errors for just one client after updaing both dovecot and openssl

Sat Feb 23 18:03:34 EET 2013

Hi all,

Ok, I have a strange problem after updating both dovecot and openssl...

OpenSSL was 1.0.0j, now updated to 1.0.1c
Dovecot was 2.1.13, now updated to 2.1.15

I'm getting a bunch of lines like the following:

Feb 23 10:48:01 myhost dovecot: imap-login: Disconnected (no auth
attempts in 29 secs): user=<>, rip=#.#.#.#, lport=993, TLS handshaking:
SSL_accept() syscall failed: Connection reset by peer,
session=<In+cO2bWngCthJz2>

where only the session id (and number of seconds for no auth attempts)
is different...

This is happening for only the one client. All other clients - I've
counted about 25 so far - are working fine.

Anyone have any ideas? I can't believe it is a generic openssl problem,
since it is only affecting the one client.

I've contacted him and asked him to reboot any/all devices that connect
to our mail to see if that helps...

--

Best regards,

*/Charles/*