[Dovecot] Dovecot auth works when tested with doveadm, but fails with Postfix

Darren Pilgrim list_dovecot at bluerosetech.com
Tue Feb 26 01:34:22 EET 2013

Timo,

Thank you for trying to help, but I'm out of time on this.  I switched
everything over to the PLAIN mechanism with BLF-CRYPT hashes and it
works fine.  I'm guessing there's something broken with DIGEST-MD5, but
can't say if the fault is in Dovecot 2 or Postfix.  Given that it's
obsoleted by SCRAM, that doesn't bother me much.  Now I just need to
either get SCRAM support into cyrus-sasl, or SASL client support from
Dovecot.  I'd much rather the latter, of course. :)