[Dovecot] v2.2.beta2 released

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Feb 26 11:55:49 EET 2013

On 25.2.2013, at 17.38, Michael Grimm <trashcan at odo.in-berlin.de> wrote:

> On 2013-02-25 15:58, Timo Sirainen wrote:
>> On 21.2.2013, at 22.12, Michael Grimm <trashcan at odo.in-berlin.de> wrote:
>
>>> Whenever I do run those tests with a delay of 1 second between every injection, I do observe, that not all mails injected become visible in my MUAs (Mail.app and Roundcube), immediately. All "get new mail" functionality or MUA restarts fails to fetch those missing messages from both servers.
>> So .. what exactly do you mean by this? That in both servers you run
>> a script that delivers a mail once per second to the same user?
>
> Yes. In my tests I do inject 200 messages at every server simultaneously with a delay of 1 second.
>
>> And at some point the replication just stops replicating those mails
>> to the other server?
>
> Yes. I would expect 400 messages at every inbox, but normally I do end up with around 270 in an inbox, and both inboxes do show slightly different numbers (e.g. 245 and 297). (Looks like stopping.)

I can't reproduce this. Some interesting questions:

 * If you include hostname+counter in the message, what do the mailboxes look like in the different sides? Did they skip over some numbers or did they both stop at some specific remote counter and continue the local counters until the end?

 * Is it even trying to run doveadm sync commands at the end? (e.g. make dsync_remote_cmd execute some wrapper script that logs something)

 * If the doveadm syncs continue, try saving rawlogs from them to see what they're doing (-r /tmp/rawlog parameter to doveadm dsync-server).

> I did repeat this test appr. 10 times, always the same. Restarting both dovecot servers or running "doveadm dsync -d -l 30 -u test -f" leads to an instantaneous appearence of all 400 messages in every inbox.

It probably works even without -f parameter?