[Dovecot] v2.2.beta2 released

Michael Grimm trashcan at odo.in-berlin.de
Wed Feb 27 20:40:36 EET 2013

On 26.02.2013, at 21:23, Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:
> On 26.2.2013, at 22.20, Michael Grimm <trashcan at odo.in-berlin.de> wrote:

>> Actually, while going through all those files and writing this mail, all missing messages appeared in my MUA, and I do find in both maillogs:
>>
>> @mx1:
>> | dovecot: dsync-local(test): Error: dsync(vmail at mx2.TLD): I/O has stalled, no activity for 600 seconds
>> | dovecot: dsync-local(test): Error: Remote command process isn't dying, killing it
>>
>> @mx2:
>> | dovecot: dsync-local(test): Error: dsync(vmail at mx1.TLD): I/O has stalled, no activity for 600 seconds
>> | dovecot: dsync-local(test): Error: Remote command process isn't dying, killing it
>
> Ah, this explains the behavior. I had hoped that with the redesign there was practically no way to cause this kind of I/O stalling.

JFTR: Timo was right: this kind of stalling has not been caused by dovecot/replicator/dsync, no it was solely my fault: I had had my firewall configured in such a way that those ssh connections between both servers were by far to limited (rate of new connections over a time interval) for my test scenario. Now, after removing those limitations all mails are synchronized immediately without any more stalling.

Sorry for bothering you,
Michael