[Dovecot] IMAP folders sort order

Valery V. Sedletski valerius at afterlogic.com
Thu Feb 28 17:24:11 EET 2013

>however what you used at migrate, some from your old clients may not
>update their folder searchlist to/at new namespace, or have fixed prefix
>setup etc, i didnt remember exactly but i think you can have both
>namespace setups somehow for stay compatible with "old clients"
>try search list and wiki

Yes, thanks -- I'll look into wiki...

But I tried to create a fresh account in Dovecot (not migrated from Courier), and it
still shows a intermixed folder order:

a list "" *
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "Spam"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "Sent"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "Drafts"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "Trash"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "INBOX"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "Pub"
a OK List completed.

So, it is not a migration problem -- note that it is the LIST command output,
so it is not got influenced by some IMAP client folder searchlist/mask or its
namespace settings (like in Thunderbird)

WBR,
valery