[Dovecot] Disallow Deletion from Trash Folder

Bradley Rintoul brintoul at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 28 22:40:19 EET 2013

Hello:

I've been tasked with trying to find a way to keep users from ever "permanently"
deleting emails.  The users are running Thunderbird and are using the "Archive"
option for when emails are deleted.  However, they are still able to delete
emails from the Archive folders...  I'm wondering if there's any way that I can
configure Dovecot to make sure that emails *never* get removed from the
filesystem.  I know it's probably kind of a bizarre request, but is there any
way that Dovecot can help me out in this regard?

Thanks!

B. Rintoul