[Dovecot] Vacation Notice Not Working

Ch Chai chchai at acelsys.com
Wed Jan 2 04:24:20 EET 2013

----------------original message-----------------
From: "Daniel Parthey" daniel.parthey at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
To: "Ch Chai" chchai at acelsys.com
CC: dovecot at dovecot.org
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2013 02:08:14 +0100

> Hi,
>
> Happy new year to everyone on this list :)

>> (xxxx.sieve)

>> > You can find the log file locations by running:
>> > doveadm log find
>> * found this path when by run this command : doveadm log find
>> Debug: /var/log/dovecot-debug.log
>> Info: /var/log/dovecot-info.log
>> Warning: /var/log/dovecot.log
>> Error: /var/log/dovecot.log
>> Fatal: /var/log/dovecot.log
>
> So what can you find in /var/log/dovecot-info.log and /var/log/dovecot.log
> when a mail is delivered to the test account?
>
>> * When I vim /var/www/web1/user/(user name)/.dovecot.sieve ,it will point
>> to my sieve file e.g
>> /var/www/web1/user/web1_test/sieve/test_felamimail.sieve
>
> Seems correct.
>
> Can you see any .dovecot.sieve.log in the same directory as .dovecot.sieve,
> there sieve related errors would be written, if any.
>
>> * I check back [test_felamimail.sieve] this line ( vacation :days 1
>> :addresses ["test at acelsys.com "] text: ) there is no space after .com, I don't
>> know why when I 1st time paste into egroupware it will add space for me. I can
>> send/receive mail, just can't activate Vacation Notice. Whats wrong ?
>
> The vacation notice seems to be activated, but does not work.
> We will need some relevant logfile output and doveconf -n output
> as well as dovecot and pigeonhole version you are using,
> otherwise it will be difficult to help you.
>
> Regards
> Daniel
> --
> https://plus.google.com/103021802792276734820

Hi, Happy New Year :)

version: both come with fedora 14
dovecot - 2.0.15
pigeonhole - 2.0.15

* I didn't see any log file or any .dovecot.sieve.log in .dovecot.sieve directory

* doveconf -n output:

[root at server1 dovecot]# dovecot -n
# 2.0.15: /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# OS: Linux 2.6.35.14-106.fc14.i686 i686 Fedora release 14 (Laughlin)
auth_debug = yes
debug_log_path = /var/log/dovecot-debug.log
disable_plaintext_auth = no
info_log_path = /var/log/dovecot-info.log
log_path = /var/log/dovecot.log
mail_debug = yes
managesieve_notify_capability = mailto
managesieve_sieve_capability = fileinto reject envelope encoded-character vacation subaddress comparator-i;ascii-numeric relational regex imap4flags copy include variables body enotify environment mailbox date
mbox_write_locks = fcntl
passdb {
 driver = pam
}
plugin {
 plugin = autocreate managesieve sieve
 sieve = ~/.dovecot.sieve
 sieve_dir = ~/sieve
}
protocols = sieve imap pop3
service managesieve-login {
 inet_listener sieve {
 address = *
 port = 2000
 }
}
ssl_cert = </etc/pki/dovecot/certs/dovecot.pem
ssl_key = </etc/pki/dovecot/private/dovecot.pem
userdb {
 driver = passwd
}
protocol lda {
 mail_plugins = autocreate sieve quota
 postmaster_address = postmaster at acelsys.com
}
protocol sieve {
 managesieve_implementation_string = Dovecot Pigeonhole
 managesieve_logout_format = bytes=%i/%o
 managesieve_max_line_length = 65536
}