[Dovecot] Dovecot auto subscribe imap public folder

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Jan 4 05:34:53 EET 2013

On 2.1.2013, at 17.35, Marantz <markus at cardservices.nl> wrote:

> I have a public folder up and running. This public folder is shared across
> the company, but when one user makes a new folder then it is not
> automatically visible to othe users. They need to subscribe manually.
>
> Is there a way to automatically subscribe to this?

If the public namespace has subscriptions=yes (default) and users don't have private CONTROL directories, then it would work like that.. Of course, if you still want each user to have private subscriptions files, then that doesn't work. I don't even see any good way to implement that. I guess it would be possible to create such a plugin that keeps track of what mailboxes user has seen and if there's a new one it gets subscribed, but kind of complex..