[Dovecot] doveadm backup issue with ACL plugin enabled

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Jan 4 23:38:00 EET 2013

On Fri, 2013-01-04 at 12:19 +0100, Thomas Leuxner wrote:
> Am 04.01.2013 um 04:30 schrieb Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi>:
>
> > http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.1/rev/721aba9128b9
> >
> > I'll pull it to v2.2 among other changes today/tomorrow.
>
> Thanks.  This makes me wonder what concept will be used for
> replicating/backing up ACLs going forward? Ideally those should also
> be part of the backup and sync to other sites, right?

Yeah.. I guess dsync will need to handle them. I've thought about this
for a few years and always thought "hopefully I won't need to implement
that soon". :)

v2.2 dsync protocol is extensible, although the code isn't so much.
Maybe v2.3 dsync could support plugins and the acl plugin could do the
syncing.. Or maybe simply hardcode dovecot-acl file syncing as "newest
timestamp wins".