[Dovecot] imap dumps core when connecting with mutt

Arthur Titeica arthur at psw.ro
Sat Jan 5 00:42:17 EET 2013

On Saturday 05 January 2013 00:01:19 Timo Sirainen wrote:

> > > Here is the config: http://paste.kde.org/628478/83892135/raw/
> >
> > The attached patch probably fixes the crash. But I'm still wondering a
> > bit if it's the correct fix. There's still something strange why it's
> > crashing with you.. I'll look at this more closely tomorrow.
>
> I'm still not entirely sure why it crashes with you, but there is
> definitely a bug in there. (It looks as if the shared namespace's owner
> doesn't have quota, is your userdb lookup maybe disabling it?)

I'm not sure what you mean with "shared namespace's owner".

This is my dovecot-sql.conf.ext

iterate_query = SELECT email AS user FROM users

password_query = \
    SELECT email, password, login , concat('*:bytes=', quota) AS userdb_quota_rule \
    FROM users \
    WHERE email = '%u' AND login = 'active'

user_query = SELECT \
    `home`, concat('*:bytes=', quota) AS quota_rule \
    FROM `users` \
    WHERE `email` = '%u'

> This is a better fix than the previous patch:
> http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.1/rev/c91d142130be

Thanks for looking into it. I'll test this and let you know.

--
Arthur Titeica