[Dovecot] dovecot as layer between postfix and thunderbird

Dormition Skete dormitionskete at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 5 22:22:47 EET 2013

Dear Mr. Svensson,

Before I said that, "I think you're creating a lot of work for yourself, and when it's all said and done, I think you will find it was not worth it," I probably should have asked you, "What are you hoping to gain from this venture?  What benefits are you hoping to accrue?"

There are potential benefits to doing this.  The question is whether these benefits are important to you, and whether this exercise is likely to provide you with what you are hoping to achieve.

I'd hate to see you go through a whole lot of work, only to be disappointed with it at the end -- unless, of course, the learning experience itself is important enough to you to warrant the effort.

If you would like to share your motivations for doing this, we might be able to share our experiences as to whether and/or how well it will do what you are hoping for.

Cordially,

Peter, hieromonk

----
Dormition Skete