[Dovecot] v2.2.beta1 dsync replication status update

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Jan 8 10:47:38 EET 2013

On Mon, 2013-01-07 at 12:33 +0200, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> Lots of fixes since 2.2.alpha1, especially related to dsync. Also dsync
> now supports syncing private message flags when INDEXPVT is used.

After some more dsync fixes that are available in hg, I'm now using it
for replicating my company's mails. Seems to be working now, v2.2.rc1
hopefully not far away. :)

Although still in TODO is for the replication process to use the new
"quick stateful sync" feature of dsync. It requires keeping track of the
state string for each user, so needs a bit larger change. Maybe it's
enough to keep these strings only in memory. (Replication currently does
a full sync for all users at startup anyway.)

Also people have wanted dsync to support regular TCP connections. It
should be somewhat easy to support that using doveadm service, I think.