[Dovecot] Define custom ldap libraries when building Dovecot

Nikolaos Milas nmilas at noa.gr
Sat Jan 12 11:50:06 EET 2013

On 11/1/2013 11:02 μμ, Nikolaos Milas wrote:

> I would like to compile Dovecot using custom ldap libraries, located
> at a particular custom system location.

Sorry, I got it. According to http://wiki2.dovecot.org/CompilingSource I
should use:

CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/openldap/include"
LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/openldap/lib64 -lldap -llber" ./configure

I found (coincidentally) that it also works simply with
"LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/openldap/lib64" but I guess it is more correct to
use the full syntax: LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/openldap/lib64 -lldap -llber"
(or even "... -lldap" only). However, I can't tell the real difference.

If you can shed some light on it, that would be very useful to me.

Thanks and regards,
Nick