[Dovecot] how to setup different quota for multiple namespaces

Andreas Oster aoster at novanetwork.de
Mon Jan 14 16:55:50 EET 2013

Am 09.01.2013 09:46, schrieb Andreas Oster:
> Hello all,
>
> I am using dovecot for some time now but always had very basic
> configurations. I recently have configured a new, additional namespace
> in order to move archived mails (Thunderbird Archives) to another
> storage system.
>
> namespace {
>   type = private
>   separator = .
>   prefix = Archives.
>   location = maildir:/var/vmail/archive/%Ln/Maildir
>   subscriptions = yes
>   list = children
>   inbox = no
> }
>
> This works well but unfortunately I cannot find a solution to either
> ignore this new namespace from quota computation or add a separate quota
> value for it.
>
> I have integrated user authentication with LDAP and fetch some user
> attributes from LDAP entries:
>
> user_attrs =
> =home=/var/vmail/%Ln/Maildir,=mail=maildir:/var/vmail/%Ln/Maildir/,otherPager=quota_rule=*:storage=%$
>
> I configured the quota plugin in the following way:
>
> plugin {
>         quota = maildir:User quota:ns=
>         quota2 = maildir:Archive quota:ns=Archives.
>         quota_rule = *:storage=1G
>         quota_rule2 = ns=Archives.:ignore
> }
>
> unfortunately this does not give the desired result. Folders under the
> Archives namespace use the same quota as INBOX.
>

> Does anyone have an idea how to fix this ?
>
> Thank you for your kind help
>
> Andreas

Hi all,

I have changed my quota config in every way that came to my mind but
did not manage to get the result I want to achieve. I would like to have
LDAP provided quota for INBOX ( this part is working) and a completely
separate 10G quota for the Archives namespace.

Is it actually possible to have separated quotas for multiple private
namespaces with dovecot (2.1.7)?

Thank you for your kind help.

best regards